How To Protect Yourself From The Sun All Year
Have you ever felt the need to take a walk to see that the sun has risen? To go to the park to read because it’s been a great day? Eating on a terrace and enjoying the good weather?
The sun is a source of energy that gives us many benefits, but if we abuse it without taking precautions it can be harmful to our health. It is important that we know it’s positive and negative effects, in order to get the most out of it and enjoy this source of life:
- It helps us produce vitamin D. It can cause skin cancer.
- Strengthens our bone system Accelerates the aging of the skin.
- Balances cholesterol It can cause spots and burns on the skin.
- Decreases blood pressure
- Improves the appearance of our skin.
- Drive away depression.
- It protects us against certain diseases.
- It enhances sleep quality.
The ultraviolet rays, called UVA and UVB, penetrate the skin and are what cause that tan that we like and favor, but also spots, burns and other negative effects on our body. That’s why the importance of protecting yourself always using products with SPF (sun protection factor) broad spectrum, this means that the number that accompanies the acronyms is always 30 or higher.
Do you know how to choose the sunscreen?
If you have ever had doubts and do not know which one is right for you, think about this: the number on the product’s package indicates how long your skin is protected from the sun, that is, if your skin takes longer Reddening 10 minutes, with the Sunscreen FPS 30 would take 10 × 30 = 300 minutes, your skin would be protected for about 5 hours, but even so, it is important to reapply the product every two hours or so because during that time we can sweat, touch our skin, bathe … and little by little we eliminate that protection and our skin becomes vulnerable again.
Check This Out: How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles On The Face After 30-35 Years
Now you wonder, and then in winter does not need to use a protector so high or yes? In the coldest seasons of the year, UVB rays are not as intense and we do not feel that burning sensation, but UVA rays still persist and contribute to the appearance of spots or cancer of the skin. With products of an SPF of 15 or higher, you will protect the skin from these effects and also be more careful, hydrated and soft. A very comfortable and practical option is to incorporate a moisturizer for your skin type with sun protection factor into your daily routine.
Tips for a safe all year
Tips for applying sun protection our skin acts like a clock that accumulates all those hours of sun, regardless of the season of the year. Follow these small guidelines so that your exposure to the sun is as healthy as possible:
- Use sunglasses. The skin of this area is the finest and most delicate of the face, so it is very important to pay special attention.
- Say yes to hats, caps or visors. They will protect your scalp, ears, nape …
- Limit your sun exposure: try especially in the summer months not to expose yourself in the central hours of the day, when the sun’s rays hit more intensely on our skin.
- Sand, air, water or glass do not block the sun’s rays. Sometimes it can give you the feeling that you are not burning yourself but the harmful effects are still exactly the same, so protect yourself even in those situations.
- Get hydrated, especially in the hottest months. You know how important it is for our skin and our body to drink at least 2 liters of water a day, so do not neglect it!
Incorporate sunscreen into your daily skin care routine and enjoy the sun with healthy, risk-free skin!
Keep Reading: 5 Moisturizing Tips for Younger Looking Skin