Causes of Cracks on the Lips: Proper Care and Prevention
We are glad to welcome you, new and regular readers. Today we decided to dwell on the consideration of such an urgent topic as cracks on the lips: the causes and treatment.
Quite often, especially in the winter, you can see people with this skin problem. Falling on the lips, moisture removes the protective layer from the skin, and unfavorable external conditions, which include wind, frost and dry air, affect the tender epidermis, provoking the formation of cracks.
Let’s look at the factors that lead to the problem together and also analyze in detail how to care for the sensitive skin of the lips.
Causes of Cracks
Before you know what measures to take to care for delicate skin, you need to find out why the lips are cracking.
The problem of cracking can affect everyone. The skin on this part of the face is very thin, the epidermis does not soften, because it does not have sebaceous glands, therefore, because of the influence of unfavorable factors, cracks appear.
Among the factors that provoke the formation of a skin problem on the lips, we can distinguish the following:
- Incorrect use of care products. If you use hygienic lipstick, then note that it can not be applied to the lips just before going out, especially during the cold season. The composition of the waste means includes a lot of moisture, and the wind and frost lead to its rapid evaporation, as a result, the lips dry out and cracks appear on them.
- The habit of licking lips. If the lips begin to dry, then in order to moisten them, a person begins to lick them constantly instead of applying moisturizers. Constant licking leads to the opposite result and does not moisturize the epidermis, so the lips begin to dry out even more and crack. If you are trying in such a way to reanimate dry skin, especially outdoors at low temperatures and windy weather, then only exacerbate the problem.
- Climatic conditions. Every time you go out into the street in the cold season from a warm room, the skin is exposed to stress due to sudden temperature changes. As a result, cracks can appear on the lips.
- Lack of vitamins. In autumn and winter, the consumption of fruits and vegetables is reduced to a minimum. Deficiency of vitamins and minerals provokes a loss of elasticity of skin and formation of cracks.
- Some cosmetics can lead to the appearance of allergic reactions, as a result of which cracks appear in the corners of the mouth and on the lips.
- Stretching of the skin. If you tend to smile broadly or stretch your lips too much during a conversation, the probability of cracking increases.
- Smoking and excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages. If you smoke and drink alcohol too often, then as a result of such actions, dehydration of the body and a decrease in the elasticity of the skin.
- Lack of water in the body. If you do not tend to drink more than 1.5 liters of water a day, then the water balance is violated, the skin is over dried, and cracks appear on the lips.
Check This Out: How To Get Rid Of Dry Skin? Cancel The Dry Law!
Prevention of crack formation
Cracked lips can easily be restored, but it is better to revise your lifestyle and take measures that will help prevent skin problems.
- Regularly apply special hygiene lipsticks. However, in no case do not put them directly before going out, do it 15-20 minutes before leaving the house. For the cold season, try to choose products containing jojoba oil and hyaluronic acid. Give preference to those protective lipsticks that not only moisturize, but nourish the skin. Use hygienic balms that correspond to a specific time of the year, because those products that are intended for use in the summer are not suitable for winter.
- Eat right. Try to eat less fried, fatty foods and diversify the diet with fruits and vegetables. Saturation of the body with all the necessary vitamins and minerals will help increase the body’s immune forces and minimize the formation of cracks.
- When dryness is applied to the lips, jojoba oil or special oil complexes, which can be purchased at a pharmacy or online stores.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.
- Try to smoke less, especially outside in the cold season.
- At least once a week, use special lip scrubs. The procedure will prevent the formation of cracks and make the skin softer.
Express help with folk remedies
If you cannot avoid the occurrence of cracks, then people’s recipes will come to the rescue.
- Mix the pulp of one kiwi with a teaspoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture on your lips for ten minutes.
- At night, oil the lips with liquid honey. Honey masks are an excellent tool in combating dryness and cracks and the next day your lips will become soft and gentle.
- Put on the lips sea buckthorn oil. Do not rinse out the mask, but wait until the oil is absorbed completely.
- Shredded on a fine grater apple mixed with olive oil and apply the mixture on the lips for fifteen minutes.
- Take the aloe leaf, put it in the fridge for five minutes, and then treat the skin with the lips. Just remember that aloe has a specific taste and you can begin to increase salivation due to unusual bitterness.
- Lubricate the lips for the night with jojoba oil or peach.
- Mix in equal quantities sugar and olive oil. Apply the mixture on the lips and gently massage for a couple of minutes.
- Take care of gentle sponges and stay healthy. Subscribe to our blog and will always be aware of what methods should be used to prevent and treat skin diseases.